United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Recruitment 2018/2019 – United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians to fill the Job vacancies below;
N/B Free tips, guidelines, requirements, qualifications and other related updates are available here @dailyspina.com
UNDP are recruiting to fill the following job positions below:
JOB DESCRIPTION For United Nations Development Programme recruitment 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Drivers.
The Position is based in Nigeria.
Job ID: 13747
Location: Abuja ( with a possibility of building a roster for multiple locations)
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: Initial duration of one year
Job Background For United Nations Development Programme recruitment 2018
Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Country Director Operations and direct supervisor, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Summary of Key Functions
• Provision of reliable and secure driving services
Proper use of vehicle
Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
Availability of documents/ supplies
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
• Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Expected Impact of Results:
• The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services.
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
• 2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
• Fluency in the language of the duty station, knowledge of the UN language of the duty station.
• Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
• Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
• Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
• Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
• Managing Data:
Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not.